Civil Engineering Projects
Participated in master planned communities as far as Madrid Spain and Netherlands Antilles
Indian River County, Florida:
- Grove Place Medical Complex – Multi-unit medical office complexes to include design, permitting, and construction observation services. The design build was constructed at $8 million and successfully overcame local, state, and federal jurisdictional permitting constraints.
- Multiple Riverside National Bank Facilities – Design, permitting, and construction observation services for multiple new financial facilities and retrofit projects. Works entailed approximately $8 million in construction costs and were built within the client’s projected timelines. This allowed the bank facilities to begin generating revenue as planned per their business plan program. Careful attention to design, to meet the intent of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CEPTED) criteria, was used to help make the financial facilities a safe environment for the patrons and end users.
- Fellsmere Fire Station – A local fire station located in the historic downtown City of Fellsmere. The project construction cost was approximately $600,000 and included the design, permitting, and construction observation services. The civil component had several challenges as the condition of the local infrastructure was in poor condition and it had to be brought up to current code.
- Airport Chevron Gas Station – Gas station near the Vero Beach Airport that now serves the local community. The primary challenge was to design the facility to provide for adequate access to the surrounding streets while maintaining functional interior flow of traffic for the patrons.
- Veranda at Vero – A small multi-family development located on S.R. 60 in Vero Beach. The civil services entailed the design and permitting with local and state jurisdictional agencies. The design parameters were modified to provide a vehicular and pedestrian connection for the future Indian River State College property, which surrounded the project.
- Indian River County Department of Utility Services (IRCDUS) – Plans reviewer to help IRCDUS address the immediate need of reviewing projects after the 2004 hurricanes. The hurricanes created a substantial project backlog in reviewing the utility components of various land development projects in the County.
- Multiple Commercial Facilities – Project designer for the design, permitting, and construction observation services for multiple new commercial and retrofit projects. Over a course of four years, the construction projects entailed approximately $3 million in construction costs and were built within the client’s projected timelines. Many of the challenges of these projects entailed maximizing the client’s buildable area and efficiently processing the project through the local jurisdictional agencies.
St. Lucie County, Florida:
- Kings Crossing Park of Commerce – Services included the design, permitting, platting, and construction observation for a 40 acre light industrial project. The $2.5 million construction cost included the FDOT roadway improvements to S.R. 713, re-routing of a local drainage district’s canal, onsite master stormwater management system, and internal roadway improvements.
- Multiple St. Lucie County Fire District (SLCFD) Fire Stations – Multiple new fire stations in the county with a combined construction cost of $18 million. Design included creating a new prototype fire station that could be economically used throughout the county. Challenges included modeling the various emergency vehicles to ensure the proper turning movements were accounted for and to permit various antenna heights to comply with local and aviation criteria.
- SLCSB Samuel Gaines Academy – Design, permitting, and construction observation for a $35 million K-8 school. Project included procurement of US ACOE and SFWMD permits for the mitigation of the existing onsite wetlands. The design included a special emergency shelter, County roadway improvements to Jenkins Road, master planning local water and sewer improvements, and was instrumental in providing pedestrian interconnectivity to the adjacent properties. The innovative design incorporated the District’s programmed elements in a compact economical project that was favorably received by the community upon completion.
- Portofino Shores and Portofino Isles – High end single family developments located in north St. Lucie County and City of Port St. Lucie. The planned unit developments set up a Community Development District (CDD) to help fund the public improvements. As the CDD engineer, it was critical to complete the project on time and on budget to maintain a great bond rating.
- SLCo. Fairgrounds & Equestrian Facility Improvements – Assist in master planning, final design, permitting, and construction observation for the $400,000 County project. County relied on project manager to help address design issues and value engineer project to keep within budget. Services also included assistance in coordinating with FDEP regarding wastewater plant capacity concerns for the existing onsite package treatment facility.
- SLCo. Emergency Operations Center – Project Manager for the design, permitting, and construction observation for a $13 million County facility. Primary focus was to coordinate with the project team, client, Fire Marshall, Law Enforcement, and various other departments and agencies to help plan for worse case emergency scenarios.
Brevard County, Florida:
- Babcock & Malabar Commercial – A 35 acre commercial planned development to include four hotels, three restaurant outparcels, and five commercial warehouse & flex space parcels. Challenges entailed the tight site constraints and the utilization of underground stormwater management systems and innovative design techniques to help maximize the commercial density of the project to meet the client’s programmed elements.
- Park of Palm Bay – A multi family development, which our office assisted the client to coordinate with local and state agencies to modify the existing drainage system and to comply with the permit requirements.
- Ocean Spring Plaza – The project entailed the renovation and addition to the existing retail plaza to include new retail space, drainage & utility upgrades, vehicular and pedestrian connectivity, and ADA modifications. Construction costs were estimated to be nearly $2 million.
Lake County, Florida:
- Hawkins Cove – The project was an existing residential development, which was in the process of loosing its entitlements. Our office was contracted by the mortgage holder to help coordinate with local and state agencies to extend permit approvals. We were successful in identifying the needs of the owner and implementing the direction to move the project forward.
City of Fort Pierce, Florida
- F.K. Sweet Elementary
- Fairlawn Elementary
- Lincoln Park Academy Expansion
- Lincoln Park Academy Middle School Design Modernization
- Sea Pines Village
- Sunrise Theatre renovation
- Steve Barnett Pontiac Cadillac
- Bev Smith Toyota
- Bev Smith Kia Grinder Station & Force Main Upgrade
- Various commercial warehouse facilities
- Various church facilities
- SLCo. Special Needs Facility
- Fort Pierce Central High School
- SBSLC Delaware Office and South County Maintenance Complex improvements
- SLCo. Lawnwood Maintenance Facility
- SBSLC Lawnwood Stadium parking improvements
- Pizza Hut Remodel
- Burger King
- One Lord, One Faith Church
- Randolph Laundromat
- Harvest Food & Outreach Center
- Midway Associates Medical Office
- Chevron Gas Station
- Multi-use Medical Office Complex with residential dwelling units
- Construction observation for single family home development
City of Port St. Lucie, Florida:
- SLCFD Administration & Maintenance Facility – Project Manager for the SLCFD’s new $20 million Administration and Maintenance facility located on Milner Drive in Port St. Lucie. Duties entailed the design, permitting, and construction observation for the multi-functional complex. Design facilitated a 300’ tower to serve the emergency operation needs of the district. A master plan was created to facilitate a future need for a fire station.
- QVC – Project Manager for QVC’s call distribution facility located in St. Lucie West. The $15 million project entailed the design, permitting, and construction observation in an accelerated time frame to meet the client’s marketing need to complete by Christmas 2000. The close coordination with local, state, and federal agencies allowed the project to be completed on time.
- River Place PUD
- Winterlakes PUD
- Maronda Homes (Parcel "H" Single Family Development)
- Multiple Fire Stations
- Police Athletic League Gymnasium
- St. Lucie Square Wastewater System Retrofit
- Norris’ Ribs wastewater retrofit
- Midport Crossing (Commercial Subdivision)
- Various SBSLC Parent Pick-Up Improvements
- Various SBSLC Hybrid Modular Improvements
- Multiple K-8 Schools and maintenance facility projects
- Various PSL Park & Recreation park projects
- Multiple TD Bank Facilities
- SBSLC East County Maintenance Complex
- SLCo. Windmill Point Library
- Abingdon at Tradition assisted living facility
- Veranda Falls
- Darwin Square (Retail / Commercial Development) Pizza Hut ADA Upgrade Improvements Surgical Specialists SWPPP Observation Services
Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, Collier and Okeechobee Counties:
- Various septic tank and drain field projects
- Various utility upgrade improvement projects
- Various Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) observation services
- Various partial due diligence studies
- Construction observation in Naples FL